Following the decommissioning of the Staffordshire County Council's Physical Disability Support Service. (PDSS) I decided to set up independently with effect from September 2017.
My essential role in physical difficulties support is still, however, very much required and valued by early years settings, schools, colleges and the young people and their families.
I worked in the PDSS role from Horton Lodge Community Special School for eleven years and so have experience in all settings. I am passionate about the service I have been providing, and it is for this reason I have decided to set up independently.
I have an office at St. Edward's Church of England Academy, Westwood Road, Leek, Staffordshire, ST13 8DN.
The aim of the service is to provide support to mainstream settings to enable inclusion of pupils with physical difficulties.
Please contact me for further information and prices.
Support can be offered in a number of specialist areas that include the following:
· Advice on specialist resources equipment and facilities
· Support, guidance and participation upon the SEND assessment
· Access to the environment and the curriculum
· Mobility/ physical access
· Liaise with other agencies, and professionals
· Touch typing and handwriting assessments and programmes
· Assessments for gross and fine motor skills
· Strategies for physical management and personal care
· Care plan advice and guidance
· Risk assessment support and guidance
· Moving and handling advice/training
· To attend meetings, with other agencies
· Independence, personal self-help and life skills
· Staff training, basic introduction to signing, dyspraxia, hypermobility and handwriting
My aim is to provide personal and individual support to settings to enable inclusion of pupils with physical difficulties. Please contact me with any queries.
I am now taking bookings for my programme called Busy Bodies to assist children to develop gross and fine motor skills. Bookings are now available for September 2019.
The programme meets the criteria for Sports Premuim funding.
01538 626 020
Please like and share on Facebook.